Todas as mulheres já devem ter ouvido falar da Basic List que devemos ter no nosso armário. Ora, a Olivia Palermo reinventou esta lista e deu-nos a conhecer o que, para ela, são os novos básicos que qualquer mulher deve ter no seu armário. Ora vejam:
1) The New-Tshirt: «Polished enough for the office, yet chic enough for cocktails, the embellished white tee adds a bit of unexpected luxe to an otherwise casual basic. This new essential is exactly right for those moments when a plain white tee just won’t cut it. Styling tip: let this tee be it’s own accessory- keep jewelry minimal, adding only astatement ring or bracelet.»
2) The New Blouse: «Look for lace accents, texture, and statement-making embellished details in this baisic-with-a-twist. Because the classic shape remains the same, the new blouse seamlessly replaces the ordinary button-down. Pair with anything and everything – the unexpected details are what take an ordinary black pant/white blouse combo from ordinary to extraordinary.»
3) The New Pant: «The tuxedo pant earns its staple status for being the wardrobe clutch item. Ultra flattering, this borrowed-from-the-boys cut is destined t0 be your go-to item. For evening look that’s beyond chic, pair with a coordinatingjacket (buttoned and sans top underneath, or over a white oxford, buttoned to the collar) and statement heels, Worn with sleek sneakers and asweater, and the look is polished yet casual weekend-ready.»
4) The New Leather Look: «An update to the been-there-worn-that leather mini, the new leather skirt gets upgraded to statment status with a lower hemline, color, exaggerated proportions, and wrapped shapes. Exaggerated shapes are balanced perfectly with a cropped top (for a high-waisted skirt only), or a tucked in silk t-shirt and ankle boots. Pair luxe, textured leather with a sumptuous cashmere sweater – the mix of textures add interest for a look that’s full on luxe. Go for edginess with a sheer, silk topworn with a leather wrap-»
5) The New Shift: «Always a wardrobe staple, the shift dress is fresher with geometric prints, texture, and metallic jacquard . Add heels, a jeweled clutch and astatement necklace for a night out, while paired with ankle boots and a jacket that hits at the hip is office appropriate. For Saturday errands or lunch with the girls, toss on a leather jacket and ballet flats.»
6) The New Vest: «Perhaps the most updated basic, the vest has come a long way since the three-piece suit-esque version. The new vest takes on more than one silhouette; military versions are the perfect accompaniment to just about all shapes of denim – flare, skinny, and even shorts. When done as a sleeve-less blazer, it becomes office appropriate – look for leather accents for more edgy appeal. The fur vest is the perfect way to add a bit of luxe – paired with anything from leather skinnies or jackets to effortlessly tossed over ablazer, it adds that instant cool factor.»
7) The New Blazer: «No less formal than their lapel-ed counterparts, the collarless blazer has just enough un-structured structure to pair with just about everything from a flowing chiffon dress to skinny jeans. Leather and zipper details liven up basic black, bringing the rocker esthetic of a beloved leather jacket into office -appropriate wear. For those drawn to a more minimalist esthetic, color-blocking adds interest and dimension, without taking away from the clean look. No wardrobe would be complete without at least one tweed jacket. Look for jewel and bead embellishments; they’re ultra versatile, going from the most casual jeans and t’s, to cocktail-ready chiffon dresseswith ease.»
8) The New Jacket: «Truly a seasonless must-have, the versitle, wear-with-anything cargo jacket has become the essential layering piece. Details like leather sleeves, precise tailoring, and menswear shapes, there’s a style and silhouette for everyone. Add a fur vest over a leather-sleeved version for a triple-textured look that’s totally on-trend or take a beloved summer white dressinto fall by belting a menswear shirt-style jacket and adding booties. Channel the urban safari and pair a sharply tailored silhouette withleather shorts and pointed toe pumps.»
9) The New Trench: «The ultimate in ‘throw-it-on-over-anything’ instant polishing, the new basic trench is anthing but. Cape tops, mixed textures, and unexpected materials give the trench new life, adding that something extra – without taking away from its traditional bones.»
Os novos básicos que devemos ter no nosso armário, by Olivia Palermo. Não podia concordar mais! Se quiserem ver o site dela, carreguem aqui.
Source: Oliviapalermo.com - all the pictures and text.